[SOLVED] pc turned itself off randomly while gaming

Sep 29, 2019
this has happend to me for the first time,my pc turned itself off randomly

i was playing gears 5 for maybe about an hour or so when my pc turn randomly turned off,my rgb ram sticks were still glowing tho.the system is new,like around a month old

specs
rtx 2080ti
3700x amd
gskill trident 16 gb 3200 mhz ram
x570 gaming edge wifi mobo
corsair bronze certified 650w modular power supply
thermaltake v200 rgb case

the system was runnning for a long time,i was downloading rdr 2,maybe around 9 or so hours
i dont remember my cpu temps but my gpu maxes out at 84 c in furmark and heavens benchmark,it is a twin fan model

i looked through the event viewer and found this critical error

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 11/6/2019 11:28:15 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-12T4881
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-06T17:58:15.441576500Z" />
<EventRecordID>8956</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-12T4881</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">7</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

seriously very scared atm,any insight and help is appreciated.

Solution
It's most likely your PSU. Random restarts like that at gaming load are a good indicator. You should look at getting a replacement, and resist the urge to keep using the current one. If it goes while your system is on, you risk killing some components, or starting a house fire!

Get something like this will fix it:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($103.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $103.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-06 13:14 EST-0500

Your current Corsair is an average PSU at best. Time for something new, and quality.
It's most likely your PSU. Random restarts like that at gaming load are a good indicator. You should look at getting a replacement, and resist the urge to keep using the current one. If it goes while your system is on, you risk killing some components, or starting a house fire!

Get something like this will fix it:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($103.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $103.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-06 13:14 EST-0500

Your current Corsair is an average PSU at best. Time for something new, and quality.

Solution

mspencerl87

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Always check layer 1 (Physical) "PSU" Check your PSU for loose power cables from the wall.
Also check your PC internally making sure your 24Pin and 4 Pin or 8+4 pin in some cases are connected securely to your motherboard ..

You could also be experiencing what's called "Dirty Power" If you got a multi-meter you can test the output from the wall. Should be 120V for USA

Another thing that could be happening is over heating, you can monitoring temperatures with something like HWMonitor while heavy gaming session to see that max temperature its reaching.
For instance, CPUS have built in features that shutdown the PC if its overheating to protect the CPU.

If all that comes back good, i would then follow the first comment above, buying a new PSU.

Sep 29, 2019
Always check layer 1 (Physical) "PSU" Check your PSU for loose power cables from the wall.
Also check your PC internally making sure your 24Pin and 4 Pin or 8+4 pin in some cases are connected securely to your motherboard ..

You could also be experiencing what's called "Dirty Power" If you got a multi-meter you can test the output from the wall. Should be 120V for USA

Another thing that could be happening is over heating, you can monitoring temperatures with something like HWMonitor while heavy gaming session to see that max temperature its reaching.
For instance, CPUS have built in features that shutdown the PC if its overheating to protect the CPU.

If all that comes back good, i would then follow the first comment above, buying a new PSU.
I've been monitoring temps for around a month,GPU temps seem normal but I'll test out the CPU