Question PC turned off and won't turn back on.

Oct 7, 2020
My computer suddenly shut itself off and won't turn back on. I took it to a repair shop. They reseated the cables and it turned back on. They ran a diagnostic and found no problems. It did the same thing a week later. I've tried unplugging everything and plugging them back in. No fans are spinning. Nothing is lighting up.

PSU: Corsair CX750M
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT
Motherboard: X470 Gaming Plus

Ralston18

Titan
What AC power connections are you using?

Is the computer directly connected to a wall outlet or is the computer connected via some extension cord, power bar, or surge protector?

Try other known working AC connections and cords.

You mentioned that you tried "unplugging everything...etc.".

Did that try include you opening the case and checking internal connections and seatings?

Make and model computer? How old is the computer?

Do you happen to know what diagnostics the repair shop ran?

Oct 7, 2020
10A 125V 1250W Power Connector.

Directly connected to the wall. Tested the outlet and other outlets. Still no power to the PC.

Yes, I disconnected all cables to the motherboard and psu and reconnected them all. Double checked with the motherboard manual to make sure everything was in the correct place.

Computer is a custom build. It is only about a year old. I swapped the psu and gpu out about 2 or 3 months ago.

The shop ran hardware and memory tests. I asked if they for sure tested the psu because the fan doesnt start spinning they said yes and the tests read fine for everything. When the computer was on I made sure to check the temps of the cpu and gpu and they were at normal temps. I ran a full scan with an antivirus to make sure it wasn't something malicious killing the computer, nothing was found. I used Avira to scan the pc.

The shop said they would charge me another 65 dollars to look at the pc, and could not guarantee they would find anything or fix the pc. I'd rather not send it in until I can figure out what could be the problem.

Last edited: