Question ]PC turned on] Display No Signal Detected - Blackscreen

Jun 19, 2019
I was using my PC earlier today just sat in the steam Home page browsing when all of a sudden my screen went black and i could no longer hear the person i was talking too.

Ever since this point when i try to turn my PC on my display stays black as if its not even receiving any sort of input however the fans on my pc spin and The GPU lights up although GPU fans do not spin.

i have tried reseating both graphics card and a memory stick as well as removing and replacing motherboard battery and resetting BIOS.

Any suggestions?

Jun 11, 2019
Some GPU fans don't spin unless temps get high enough. Also I've had a GPU that failed but the fans still spun up at boot.
If you don't have another GPU laying around to try, please post your full system specifications (Make + model if store bought, brand and model of all your components if built or for any added/replaced components)

Jun 11, 2019
You have onboard graphics (VGA, HDMI, and DVI-D), try using that and see if you get a picture.
If so, then you can be reasonably sure that your GPU has failed.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019
will try to use the on board graphics from my motherboard now. Prior to this comment i have now also tried re seating the cpu altering the position of most cables to allow the best connections and replacing my motherboard battery

Jun 19, 2019
UPDATE Using the built in graphics ports in my motherboard i recieve a signal too my monitors. This leads to the conclusion the GPU is the problem.

On startup the gpu lights up but fans do not spin.