[SOLVED] PC Turning off and Restarting

Dec 27, 2021
This issue has been happening for almost a year now it used to just restart once a week but recently around 1-2 months ago it's been getting worse. It used to only happen while playing Valorant but recently it's been happening while I have just been browsing the internet. A week ago it must have restarted at least 3 times in one session first was while I was playing valorant and the second and third were while I was just browsing. The way it usually goes is that I'm playing/browsing and everything just freezes, screen goes black and then the pc automatically reboots without me doing anything.

Solutions I have tried (in order) :
Changed from 1050ti and upgraded to 1660 (I was just upgrading the main intent wasn't to check if this was the problem)
Updated bios to most recent update
Factory reset my PC just incase it was an overlay issue or clashing apps
Cleaned the dust of my PC making airflow better
Replaced 2 year old thermal paste of CPU
Swapped from HDD To SSD. The main reason I did this one is while it was getting to the end game (my breaking point) while rebooting it would say "Scanning and Reparing drive (C : ..." so I assumed it was a hard drive issue

so far these solutions have helped reduce the amount my pc reboots but it still occurs and really annoys me.

My PC specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
GPU: Geforce GTX 1660
RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury 16gb DDR4 3200mhz (2 x 8 gb)
PSU: 500 (accidently thought it was 550 so i edited this post mb)
MOBO: Gigabyte AMB350M-Gaming 3

While I'm just browsing right now making this post my CPU temp right is 38c and my GPU is at 50c. (if this matters)

feel free to ask me any questions

Last edited: