May 28, 2022
Hey everyone, these are my specs:
CPU - AMD RYZEN 3 3100
GPU - 1650 super Zotac didn't OC
RAM - 16gigs corsair 3200mhz didn't OC
1 SSD and 1 5400rpm 2.5inch HDD
PSU - Thermaltake Lite Power 450W
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M S2H V2
any idea what's wrong with my PC. whenever no GPU or less GPU activity is going it powers off automatically and I can see the CPU still running even after it powers off itself and I can't even restart it by powering on the CPU. I have to switch off the plugging point and switch it on to run my PC again. any suggestions are appreciated thank you. and sorry for my bad English.

Solution
I'd need a load tester to know for sure, but I'd suspect that the PSU is failing and safeties are kicking in when something's going out of spec at very low loads. Not that surprising as this is a PSU of extremely poor quality. That you have to switch it off and on to get it to run again would also indicate PSU trouble.

DSzymborski

Titan
I'd need a load tester to know for sure, but I'd suspect that the PSU is failing and safeties are kicking in when something's going out of spec at very low loads. Not that surprising as this is a PSU of extremely poor quality. That you have to switch it off and on to get it to run again would also indicate PSU trouble.

Reactions: Agent047
Solution
May 28, 2022
hey, thanks for the info. is there any way I could find out load tester by myself like is there any sort of software for that. if there is can you please share the links for it. Thank you.

May 28, 2022
Replacing what is a low-quality PSU is going to be far cheaper.
but are we like 100% sure that PSU is causing this and not GPU or motherboard? because we could say PSU is bad if it cannot contain heavy programs running on a PC. I loaded heavy games like rdr2 and it works perfectly okay. and the issue comes with no or less GPU utilization. sorry I am not good with this stuff. I just need a little assurance also thank you very much for explaining and for the info.

DSzymborski

Titan
but are we like 100% sure that PSU is causing this and not GPU or motherboard? because we could say PSU is bad if it cannot contain heavy programs running on a PC. I loaded heavy games like rdr2 and it works perfectly okay. and the issue comes with no or less GPU utilization. sorry I am not good with this stuff. I just need a little assurance also thank you very much for explaining and for the info.

No, you don't get 100% diagnoses like that. You start with the most likely problem and work your way up. Considering that this is, again, a very low-quality PSU, it should have been replaced a long time ago under any circumstances.