Question PC turning off while I'm gaming ?

b4zz4

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all, have been having an issue for a few weeks now. Specs as follows
ryzen 5600x cpu
GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AX
GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 3060 ELITE
16gb (2x8) corsair vengence 3200mhz (with xmp, and yes board does support 3200. No change when running on 2666)
Corsair RM750 80+ gold PSU
samsung 970 NVME ssd
2tb hard drive

Issue is the pc likes to turn off in games. This issue began probably 2 weeks ago, the system is ~6 months old. First i experienced it was in valheim and RDR2, but it is now happening in very easy to run games such as CSGO, and ive had it happen in rdr2 while in the options menu. I have had the PSU tested with a 1 hour stress test on a 3080 and a 5900x, no issue. Nothing is overheating. I have checked and checked and used HWinfo to get logs of when the shutdown happens, no weird voltage spikes, no errors, normal clocks, normal temps on all components. have reseated gpu and ram multiple times and changed the slots the ram uses. PC is clean. Have run stress tests in OCCT, didnt have a shutdown. I can "recreate" the issue while playing games but there is no indication to when it happens. Can be minutes, can be hours. Might not happen at all. I'm leaning towards motherboard or RAM issue, as the guy at the shop who tested my PSU told me gigabyte motherboards are very unreliable. He doesn't even bother selling them cause he has to spend so much time returning faulty ones. To test if its RAM i guess i can get another 2x8 kit, and if its not the issue then i have 32gb and can go from there. However I would still like to hear other opinions before i bite the bullet on something like a motherboard.

No overclocking, however I did turn up my GPU power limit to 110% using MSI afterburner. This has not helped and have turned it back down to stock.

This is a hard shutdown, requires manually rebooting. fine fine fine OFF. black screen. Can be restarted by simply hitting the power button with no delay. Does not restart on its own. Wall outlet pc is connected to only runs my monitor and other very minor things, no way im using up ~2300w. Again, this doesn't appear to be dependent on load alone. (I'm in NZ, 230-240v 10a outlets)
Have done reading on other posts, don't appear to be the same issue.

Windows event viewer shows code 41 upon restart: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."}

Any help highly appreciated :)

**and yes my drivers are up to date

b4zz4

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Its not often electrician only wires a single outlet to a line. Anything else new in the house?
No, nothing has changed. Ran fine for many months.
I did some testing with ram using both the windows tool and memtest86 (using usb for a boot drive) and got errors. Narrowed it down to one of the ramsticks showing a test 10 error which is bitfade. However after running just the "healthy" stick I've had the issue yet again ~1 hr into a game.