Question PC turning on and off

igorstoklosa

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
My pc fails to boot after switching out some ram, I had a similar issue before where I would have to only put in 1 stick, reset bios to default and enable XMP. However this time it completely was unable to boot. It would get to the motherboard provider screen then switch off. I tried multiple different ram placements in different slots but nothing would work. I ordered a new PSU because mine was old and thought it could be an issue but after installing it today the same problem is occurring. I took out everything except for the CPU, a ram stick and PSU, however the display doesnt even turn on. There are some odd ocassions where it does turn on again and then shuts off after the motherboard screen. Usually what happens is the motherboard LED's turn on, the fans do as well, then turn off and back on and then loops. There are also times when the LED's and fans turn on and off in a rapid succession. I do question if it could be the motherboard as recently I've had some issues where drivers were not recognized and it took a bit longer to boot but I assumed it could be a windows issue, as well as the issues with the ram sticks.

Specs:
CPU:Intel Core i5 9600K Coffee Lake Refresh CPU
MB: Gigabyte B365 HD3 Intel Socket 1151 Motherboard
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12GB OC GPU
PSU: Corsair RM750e 750W Modular 80+ Gold PSU
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB M.2-2280 SATA III SSD
RAM: Adata XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4

TRENDING THREADS