Question PC turns itself on after ~1 hour after shutdown

Mar 22, 2020
I have had this problem for a few years now and have no idea what caused it. I've tried finding solutions before but nothing I have tried has worked.

If I shutdown the PC through the Windows 7 start menu shutdown my PC will turn off like normal but will turn itself back on after about an hour (not ever exactly an hour, usually like an hour and a few minutes.) When it does this it will start on this screen: View: https://imgur.com/1HCL0BG
and will not proceed until I hit F1 and go through the bios: View: https://imgur.com/Q6NO21g
at which I usually set the time back to the current time which is about an hour behind. I usually just turn the switch off on the PSU to prevent this, but when the switch is turned back on the computer boots without me having to hit the power button the case. Also the PC will sometimes not power on with the power button until that hour has passed, and when that hour passes the pc turns itself back onto the same "AmericanMegatrends" screen.

From memory these are the solutions I have tried: new cmos battery on the motherboard (thinking it was not saving a bios setting or something as I have set the 'System Performance' to Asus Optimal and it reverts after this happens), recently put in a new PSU, I have tried messing with some of the auto-power on for update settings in Windows and have them all turned off. I could only imagine its something to do with the mobo itself but I would like some input from others on what could be going on.

Thanks for taking the time read this and any comments made on the matter.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

4x Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800)

EVGA GTX 980 SC

EVGA 850 GQ, 80+ GOLD 850W PSU

Asus Q87M-E/CSM Motherboard

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that some device on your network is sending a "Wake on LAN" command to your computer.

Here is a link explaining how to enable "Wake on LAN"

https://www.techentice.com/enable-wake-on-lan-in-windows-7-quickly-like-this/

What you will need to do is to follow the instructions presented but uncheck the applicable boxes.

If the instructions are not clear or the configurations are different in some way then do some additional googling with respect to how to disable Wake on LAN.

Key is to not just start doing things. Look for a specific setting that matches your current configuration and then test accordingly.

Change only one thing at a time and keep notes in case you need to undo a change.

Mar 22, 2020
I have tried turning off the 'Wake on Magic packet" to no affect and then tried disabling the other settings in the same Power management tab, both unsuccessful in fixing it.
I should add that I have reinstalled windows while having this problem in the past to no avail as well. The 1+ hour boot is consistently always the same amount of time and very very rarely (usually after cleaning the dust out of it) it does not turn itself back on until after I shutdown/reboot again.

I have also tried editing the settings in the bios 'fast boot on ac power loss' setting it off (to not boot at all on ac power loss) did not work either. Is there anything else you could think of that may be causing it?
Thank you again for your time.

TRENDING THREADS