Question PC turns off a split second after turning it on - help!

vedankp

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
SPECS:
Intel(R) Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Nvidia GeForce 1060ti Mini 6GB / Nvidia GT-710
OLD MOTHERBOARD: Asus H110M-K
NEW MOTHERBOARD: Asus H310M-E R2.0
240 gb western digital ssd and 1tb hdd
HyperX fury 8GB RAM
corsair vs450 psu

My PC hasn't been working for a few months now and I had forgotten about it because I've busy with college.
Here's the whole story:

1) I RMA'd my GPU that had presumably died (it would randomly shutoff by itself) - FYI - while the gpu was out for replacement, I used my old GT-710

2) I used the new 1060 replacement for a couple of days until one of it's capacitors caught fire, this in-turn caused the motherboard's PCIE slot some damage. The old gt 710 that used to work flawlessly on it wouldn't send out any output to the hdmi after the incident (but the whole computer would turn on and run just fine)

3) A couple of days ago I ordered a new motherboard, fit it in with the old gt 710 ( I wanted to test it out with a low powered gpu first). Unfortunately, the PC now turns on for a split second and shuts itself down. This seemed pretty odd to me as the old motherboard still turns on with no video output.

I've checked the connections twice, could I have made any error while re-building the pc
NOTES:
  1. I performed the paper clip test on the PSU and checked the DC voltages from the 24 pin cable - all good there, although I didn't test it under any sort of load
  2. I reset the BIOS (even though it's a new mobo)
  3. I've notice the case fans start up fine, and as soon as the cpu fan starts to rotate, the PC shuts off

Any specific connections I should check? I'm pretty new to PC building
I'm thinking of trying out a new PSU and returning it if it doesn't help with anything.

vedankp

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
test with a better psu?
Yeah, I'll need to order one since all of my friends use laptops. The old motherboard booted up just fine with the current PSU just a week ago - with no video output of course( I wanted to see if it was still turning on before I ordered a new mobo). So could it still be a PSU problem?