Question Pc turns off after a few minutes in windows.

Lewisj13579

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
Got some new parts for my pc ( psu, gpu, case ) I then got it all set up and turned it on and it booted into windows with a orange warning light ( I think ) then booted into the Lock Screen I signed in and it felt slow so I checked my task manager and my cpu clock speed was 0.54GHz and I don’t know how that’s happened then after about 2 minutes my computer just shuts off with mo error messages the screen goes black, all the lights turn off and the fans stop spinning. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I can list my specs if needed. Thanks

Lewisj13579

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
I’m not sure if I have any software that could do that but I’ll change the thermal past and try again and I’ll update you of any changes or if the problem persists

Lewisj13579

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
I’ll try that but I think my pc will turn off before the download finishes I’ll try and change the power plan to up the clock speed so load times are quicker before it shuts off.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
You stated you moved the motherboard and AiO into a new case. Please verify that you reconnected the AiO 3-pin cable into the correct fan header on the motherboard and the SATA power connector to a power cable from the power supply. Most motherboards have a dedicated fan header specific to AiOs. If you didn't connect the 3-pin, that means the AiO pump can't get a signal from the BIOS and won't run and it would take about 3 min for the CPU to start overheating and the computer would auto shutdown or BSOD.

Lewisj13579

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
Yes I plugged it back into the aio header however I might change it to the cpu fan header to see if that makes a difference. The lights on the fans don’t light up but they’re Corsair ones so they’re temperamental and the aio didn’t light up either I do also use a usb splitter for those two. I also haven’t t restarted the pc at all it just shuts off on its own so maybe a reboot would do something. I went from a 550w psu to a 750w and a 2060 super to a 3080 in case that poses any problems.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Yes I plugged it back into the aio header however I might change it to the cpu fan header to see if that makes a difference. The lights on the fans don’t light up but they’re Corsair ones so they’re temperamental and the aio didn’t light up either I do also use a usb splitter for those two. I also haven’t t restarted the pc at all it just shuts off on its own so maybe a reboot would do something. I went from a 550w psu to a 750w and a 2060 super to a 3080 in case that poses any problems.
And did you reconnect the AiO's SATA power cable? That power cable supplies the power to both the AiO pump and the fans. I just installed an NZXT Z53 into my second gaming system yesterday, so all of this is fresh in my mind ;-)

Lewisj13579

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
My aio doesnt plug into my psu there are 3 cables: one that goes into the pump header. One usb cable for software control and a third cable that I have never used it’s the nzxt kraken x53. The one I havent used is an option replacement for the usb cable.

Lewisj13579

Prominent
Jan 10, 2021
personally I think it’s may be the motherboard because when it booted up I think I got 2 orange warning lights then the white one to signal a boot. But if there was a problem with a motherboard it shouldn’t boot in the first place.