Question PC turns off after a few seconds

Sirex712

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
A few weeks ago, my pc started shutting down randomly after a few minutes until finally it wouldn’t stay on for more than a few seconds. I did a little research and after taking everything apart, inspecting and reassembly took a gamble and decided to just try a new PSU - figured it was something I wanted to upgrade so might as well. PSU arrives, test it, install it. Everything is up and running and it’s fixed. Or so I thought.

Today after coming home, I walk in and pc was shutting off randomly - it wasn’t on when I left. After a couple seconds it turns on again then shuts right off. Turned off the PSU. Turned it back on and it tries to boot up without having pressed the power button. Opened my case and removed the wires for the power button, thinking maybe the was a power button short or something. Turned the PSU back on and did the same thing. Figured it shouldn’t turn on unless I pressed the power button on the mobo. I want to say maybe something is shorting? I don’t think it would be the new PSU, but could be possible I got a lemon.

Specs:
i7-6700k
Gigabyte z170x gaming 7
Gigabyte gtx 1080 xtreme
Old psu: seasonic m12 ii bronze 620w
New psu: seasonic focus gx-750 gold

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS