Question Pc turns off and after a few seconds turns on

Ryunosei

Reputable
Mar 5, 2016
Hello, as title says my pc turns off for a few seconds and then turns on. This happens randomly, sometimes at windows loading screen, at start, while on desktop, etc. Doesn´t happen on BIOS.

What I already tried:
  • Formatting and installing w10 again.
  • Checked Voltages
  • Reset CMOS
  • Checked temperature
  • Checked if PSU wattage was enough for this pc
  • Removed and re installed all ram modules (3).
System information:
PSU: 750W
GPU: Nvidia GTS450
CPU: Intel i7 950
RAM: Kingston KVR 3x4gb (ddr3-1333)
MoBo: Asus P6X58D-E
In Bios: Inside Ai Tweaker tab I have all the Overclock things in Auto. (I don't find a way to disable OC, only options I have are: Manual, Auto, D.O.C.P. and X.M.P., if I choose Manual a lot of options appear)

There is MemOK thing in my MoBo and it turns on for 2 seconds while screen is black and thern turns off. Tried googling about it but the Asus page says "noop couldn't find it"

Hope you can help me as I can't find what's wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DUAL33s

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
Unfortunately theres a good chance it could be the OC settings. When I overclocked my RAM from 3200 to 3466, I had a similar issue. The computer would run fine and then all the sudden it would restart itself. I removed the manual OC and instead chose an XMP profile and it fixed my problem. Are there any RAM overclocking settings active in your bios? And if so, are you able to adjust them?

Ryunosei

Reputable
Mar 5, 2016
Unfortunately theres a good chance it could be the OC settings. When I overclocked my RAM from 3200 to 3466, I had a similar issue. The computer would run fine and then all the sudden it would restart itself. I removed the manual OC and instead chose an XMP profile and it fixed my problem. Are there any RAM overclocking settings active in your bios? And if so, are you able to adjust them?
PC was running just fine for like a year before all this happened. I used the MemOK thing which changed RAM's configuration, I think it set it to 1066 (ram sticks are 1333 but run fine on 1066). I will change them to XMP and see what happens.