Question PC turns off and resets

reetroz99

Commendable
Sep 20, 2019
So recently I made some changes on my PC to increase perfomance and have more FPS in certain games. After playing for some time after i exit the game my PC suddenly starts to freeze and resets. On event viewer i get critical error and message "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I will post link with changes that i made on PC. The error did not happen before I made those changes. The following link is: https://exputer.com/guides/settings/best-valorant-pc-settings-for-high-fps/
In link i post scroll all the way down to the category "Best Valorant settings for Windows"

My PC specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: XFX RX570
RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury 16gb DDR4 3200mhz (2 x 8 gb)
PSU: 600W
MOBO: Gigabyte b450m s2h

reetroz99

Commendable
Sep 20, 2019
What changes did you make and what brand and model is this 600w power supply?
Thanks for reply, i use Silentiumpc Vero L2 Bronze 600W.
Here is list for changes:
  1. Battery power changed from balanced to ultimate performance
  2. Changed settings for appearance and performance of Windows
  3. Enabled all logical cores to the highest value available (in my case 12 cores)
  4. Disabled the enhance pointer precision
  5. Set priority to the highest performance in task manager

reetroz99

Commendable
Sep 20, 2019
Update:
If this does not fix the problem it is probaby my PSU, but I think I found solution on youtube;
  1. Updated all my drivers
  2. Control panel > Power options > Balanced > Change plan options >Change advenced power settings > Restore plan defaults > Apply
  3. In search bar type CMD > run as administrator > type: sfc /scannow > hit enter > wait for scan > reset PC
After this, my PC did not have random shutdowns/resets, hope it will stay like this.
Link for video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en96kqPX0JA

Last edited: