Pc turns off by itself and starts again after 2 sec.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amro Alnajar

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
this only happens when im playing games (bf4, bfhl, nfs 2016, gta IV) and the tempratures are all below 60. How do i know if it's a power supply issue or the whole motherboard is faulty? any help will be appriciated.

Solution
Just about any component can potentially trip a protection somewhere that will either cause a reset or shutdown.

Second-guessing your PSU while attempting to troubleshoot everything else is rarely fun.

InvalidError

Titan
When a questionable PSU is the issue, the shutdown or restart can be anywhere from instantaneous to several minutes for the PSU to warm up. When the issue is flaky hardware, the crashing might only affect specific functions which synthetic benchmarks may miss. If it is overheating, then it can take a few minutes.

Mileage varies depending on the exact nature of the issue.

Amro Alnajar

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
you're right. i still have a guarantee on the old psu and i can send it for a check for about 15 bucks, im gonna do that and i really hope they find a fault in it, because if not, i will be lost in the cpu, motherboard or even ram. they can do restarts/shut downs right?