[SOLVED] Pc turns off by itself dont know reason why

Nov 2, 2019
The thing about my pc restarts itself it shuts off making like a single click noise, then turn on back again. Also this also happens like once a month or so, and yes sometimes on idle sometimes while gaming and im confused what it could be, since it doesnt do it often but does it time to time

Last edited:
Solution
The click is just the relay switch on the RM750x power supply as it turns off. That's normal. The real question is why is the computer restarting.
  1. Look at your surge protector, is it old and causing the problem? If so get a new one with a light so you can ensure it's working correctly.
  2. Is the power cord plugged into the surge protector all the way and seated firmly in the back of the computer or does it wiggle, as in it's loose? If it's loose in the back of the computer when plugged all the way in, then get a new power cord that plugs in firmly.
  3. Do you have a lot of stuff plugged into the wall socket or surge protector the computer's running on. I've seen people plug half their house into the wall socket they're...

LWFG001

Commendable
Apr 12, 2017
FIRST, make sure you back up ALL of your user data to another drive so that you don't lose your documents and files that you need. <--Seriously.

Second, provide full system spec with make and model of the power supply just like rgd1101 said.

Nov 2, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
i7 9700k
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z390 AORUS ULTRA-CF
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ZOTAC International)
931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2B0B-00YS70 (SATA (SSD))
465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))
RM750x, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 LED Desktop Memory

Last edited:

LWFG001

Commendable
Apr 12, 2017
The click is just the relay switch on the RM750x power supply as it turns off. That's normal. The real question is why is the computer restarting.
  1. Look at your surge protector, is it old and causing the problem? If so get a new one with a light so you can ensure it's working correctly.
  2. Is the power cord plugged into the surge protector all the way and seated firmly in the back of the computer or does it wiggle, as in it's loose? If it's loose in the back of the computer when plugged all the way in, then get a new power cord that plugs in firmly.
  3. Do you have a lot of stuff plugged into the wall socket or surge protector the computer's running on. I've seen people plug half their house into the wall socket they're running their computer on and flip breakers. Try to use just your computer into a surge protector on a single wall socket.

If that's all resolved, then the 750 watt power supply should not be overheating with that build. That's plenty of power supply for that build. So it's something else... Hmm...

Solution
Nov 2, 2019
  3. Do you have a lot of stuff plugged into the wall socket or surge protector the computer's running on. I've seen people plug half their house into the wall socket they're running their computer on and flip breakers. Try to use just your computer into a surge protector on a single wall socket.
If that's all resolved, then the 750 watt power supply should not be overheating with that build. That's plenty of power supply for that build. So it's something else... Hmm...
Um Yes, I do have a lot of things plugged in surge protector like the router, but the thing is it's just the computer that restarts but not the router, etc Should I get a new surge protector or try plugging it into its own power? (Surge protector or wall socket) Also to keep in mind it does this like once or twice every few months idle or gaming. Like last month I dont remember it restarting by itself but sometimes it does

TRENDING THREADS