[SOLVED] PC turns off (loss of power)

Apr 17, 2020
Hello,

Newbie here. Came looking for some knowledge, expertise in a problem I am having with the PC I built myself.

So basically, it randomly just dies. Turns off, no blue screen etc, just as if somebody pulls the plug. Im going to say random as its unpredictable, sometimes its sitting idle, sometimes when browsing the web, sometimes when im listening to Spotify and also most times when I game. Im scratching my head at it because I used to work in Hardware support during college so I have done all the checks to rule out this that or the other with no Joy. So far I have checked running temps and this doesn't seem to be the problem, fans are working like they should be and temps are all normal. I suspect its the PSU, but my PSU has plenty of power for the rig that I built. When it dies however, it wont turn back on until I switch off the switch on the PSU and then unplug the cable from the PSU and plug it back in again, then itll turn back on. Normally with all that you would suspect the PSU, but heres the thing, this issue only started since I put an SSD into the PC and am running windows from it. Thought I had it solved recently when I updated the firmware on the SSD and my partner could play her sims for a few hours without it dying, where as before one day she was playing it was dying a few times. But alas today, it died within the first few minutes of her playing today, which has led me here.

Specs are when it randomly Dies:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6C/12T, 35MB Cache, 4.2 GHz Max Boost)
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black
Samsung 860 QVO sata 6Gb/s (V-NAND SSD) 1TB
Aero Cool MOD XT 750W Modular 80+ Bronze PSU
Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Pulse 8GB Graphics Card
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX, AMD B450, S AM4, DDR4, SATA3, M.2, 2-Way CrossFire, Realtek GbE, USB 3.2 Gen2 A+C, ATX

Cooling:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Cooling System
Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow, Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Smart Gaming Case, Black

Please any help or suggestions would be great appriciated.

Ran it with just an HDD hooked up and it seemed to run ok, Had the SSD as an extra storage.

Solution
I would still suspect the PSU.
The thing with the SSD might have just been coincidence.

Also....here are some posts regarding Aero Cool

I would avoid every psu branded with Aerocool.
Stick with Tier 1 and 2 of this list:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

Another post...

Aerocool PSUs are worth their price. Considering that by buying one it only costs like $40 to teach the lesson not to buy Aerocool PSUs ever again.
D

Deleted member 1272431

So I assume that by shut down you do mean shut down, ie fans stop and any RGB goes black, is this correct?
Have you tested a different PSU?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

Another post...

Aerocool PSUs are worth their price. Considering that by buying one it only costs like $40 to teach the lesson not to buy Aerocool PSUs ever again.

Solution
Apr 17, 2020

Another post...

Yea, bring was attractive, but if it is the PSU then I have learnt my lesson. Also link you gave me takes me to the home page.