[SOLVED] PC turns off mid gaming, only certain games.

Aug 31, 2020
PC specs:

msi gaming 5 motherboard
lga 1151 - i7-4790k
msi gtx 970
corsair cX750M PSU
2 x 250gb SSD

So as you can read from the header, my PC randomly shuts down while playing intensive games, like COD: Warzone, PUBG etc. However, it will not do it on Overwatch, CS:GO, WoW, and many more.

just before turning off, you just hear a quick beep from the PC, then shuts off, 2 seconds later boots up by itself.

Ive tried to reseat ram sticks, test ram sticks, stress test CPU, change thermal compound on CPU, change thermal compound on GPU, full beef the fans while gaming etc but nothing so far.
What could be the issue? my last chance is the PSU but not quite sure, heard this happening from a few people now..

please help guys :(

Aug 31, 2020
Currently running Furmark, its been 10 minutes exact.

So far: GPU load 98% - GPU temp - 72°, GPU chip power 175watt, board power: 218w,

Will test it for 1 hour to see if anything changes, will post back after the 1 hour is up

Aug 31, 2020
on idle look good for all specs so test psu and gpu on stress if the old on .

Ok, so furmark run without any problem for 1 hour.

I have also just run heavenbench, twice in a row, and no problems either.

When I check in event viewer, there is a kernel power 41 error.

I have an additional "button" that looks cool which is used to boot my pc up, its a seperate component from my actual PC case boot button.

I will take that off, and use my PC case power button to test if thats the issue

Aug 31, 2020
Removed the extra external button to boot pc, plugged in the cases own power button, loaded up PUBG and still the same error.

I have also reset the bios to default, still the same problem.

Aug 31, 2020
UPDATE:

I replaced the PSU the day after posting the last message. It is all working now, no restarts nothing. Turns out the PSU was faulty all along.

Stay away from corsair PSU's. Especially the CX 750.