My specs are
Ryzen 3 1200 overclocked to 3.5ghz
GTX 1060 3gb (Dell OEM card)
8GB Crucial Sport 2400 DDR4 RAM
ASUS TUF Gaming B350m motherboard
120gb Sandisk SSD
2TB Seagate HDD
400w PSU

Usually my system will be able to play any game at high/ultra settings above 60fps. But after a good hour and half my pc decides to turn everything off except the system itself. Things such as my keyboard and my mouse turns off. And most of all my monitor turns off too. At first I thought this was a gpu problem but I can't really see that being the problem. Anyways I really look forward to getting this problem fixed because it gets really annoying when I'm just trying to play games.

Solution
The PSU model is a EVGA 400w N1
I don't know the core temps but the cpu hits 55-62c under load
The Gpu hits 82c under full load at 99 usage
The only overclock I'm using is my cpu(Base Clock 3.1) which is boosted to only 3.5ghz
The Problem only happens under load while gaming. Any other situation like browsing the web is fine.
So the PSU is poor quality - this could be causing your issue. If possible I'd swap with a good quality unit and see if the issue persists.
So outside of CPU boost, your not running an overclock? If you are anywhere, reset BIOS to defaults to remove OC and see if issue persists.
is the 55-62 the highest individual core temperature? Not just the package?

Do you also have latest drivers installed?
Do you...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What exact make and model PSU is it?
What are individual core temps under load when the freezing occurs?
What are GPU temps under load?
Are you running any overclock anywhere?
Does this only occur under load or always an hour in or so regardless as to what you are doing?

larrybeast12

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
What exact make and model PSU is it?
What are individual core temps under load when the freezing occurs?
What are GPU temps under load?
Are you running any overclock anywhere?
Does this only occur under load or always an hour in or so regardless as to what you are doing?
The only overclock I'm using is my cpu(Base Clock 3.1) which is boosted to only 3.5ghz
The Problem only happens under load while gaming. Any other situation like browsing the web is fine.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So the PSU is poor quality - this could be causing your issue. If possible I'd swap with a good quality unit and see if the issue persists.
So outside of CPU boost, your not running an overclock? If you are anywhere, reset BIOS to defaults to remove OC and see if issue persists.

Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Solution

larrybeast12

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

All of my latest drivers are installed and I installed the latest BIOS when I first got it.
And I think the highest my cpu temps was 67c.

larrybeast12

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

I reset the bios back to default settings and now I'm able to play longer than 2 hours. It sucks that I can't overclock the cpu but I guess I'll have to get a new psu like you said.
Thanks Man :)

Reactions: PC Tailor