Question PC turns off, mostly while gaming

NikolaiTT

Commendable
Jul 15, 2020
This has been happening for a while, pretty much only when I play a game. My PC just turns off, but it's two ways, either as if I've pressed the shut down button and it's shutting down normally or as if it's put to sleep, like it just goes dark and when I press whatever button it revs up and im almost instantly back to the log in screen.

I've checked temperatures to see if it's overheating, but that doesn't seem to be the case and it never turns off as if it has overheated. I think it's connected related to my GPU drivers because for some time now I would get random vertical lines + the screen blinking, not it going on and off, just a faint white light blinking.

I first thought it was my monitor, but after testing things, completely wiping drivers and all that it stopped, it would come back from time to time and I would have to do the same thing. Recently it hasn't been happening, probably because I found stable drivers? But now this happens and only when I'm in game. The thing is it's not consistent either, sometimes I could play for hours and it doesn't happen, other times 15 minutes in it happens.

My specs
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-K
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: DeepCool DN500
RAM is 16GB
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks in advance!

This has been happening for a while, pretty much only when I play a game. My PC just turns off, but it's two ways, either as if I've pressed the shut down button and it's shutting down normally or as if it's put to sleep, like it just goes dark and when I press whatever button it revs up and im almost instantly back to the log in screen.

I've checked temperatures to see if it's overheating, but that doesn't seem to be the case and it never turns off as if it has overheated. I think it's connected related to my GPU drivers because for some time now I would get random vertical lines + the screen blinking, not it going on and off, just a faint white light blinking.

I first thought it was my monitor, but after testing things, completely wiping drivers and all that it stopped, it would come back from time to time and I would have to do the same thing. Recently it hasn't been happening, probably because I found stable drivers? But now this happens and only when I'm in game. The thing is it's not consistent either, sometimes I could play for hours and it doesn't happen, other times 15 minutes in it happens.

My specs
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-K
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: DeepCool DN500
RAM is 16GB
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks in advance!
I think you should test the memory. You can use the Windows memory diagnostic type in mdsched into the search bar and press enter. Memtest86 is also a memory diagnostic tool. You can download memtest86 and run that from here :
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

NikolaiTT

Commendable
Jul 15, 2020
I think you should test the memory. You can use the Windows memory diagnostic type in mdsched into the search bar and press enter. Memtest86 is also a memory diagnostic tool. You can download memtest86 and run that from here :
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Hello, thank you for the assistance. I did the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the results say "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors"