[SOLVED] PC turns off on certain games.

chosenj

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
For a little over a year my PC has been shutting off completely in certain games I play. My thought is that it might be the GPU itself causing the issue as I’ve had the GPU from my old system and it did the same thing towards the end of that build and now does it to a completely new PC. I’ve had my GPU since 2016/2017 so overuse may be a reason. As well in the last year it’s common for the cards fans to not spin so I have to manually spin them to get the fans going.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200
PSU: Corsair 850W
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 470

Solution
For a little over a year my PC has been shutting off completely in certain games I play. My thought is that it might be the GPU itself causing the issue as I’ve had the GPU from my old system and it did the same thing towards the end of that build and now does it to a completely new PC. I’ve had my GPU since 2016/2017 so overuse may be a reason. As well in the last year it’s common for the cards fans to not spin so I have to manually spin them to get the fans going.

Specs:
Is it a possibility to source another gpu (from a friend/relative) to test your system with?

Or alternatively can you try...

Specs:
Is it a possibility to source another gpu (from a friend/relative) to test your system with?

Or alternatively can you try your gpu in another system?

if this does not solve your issue, try the same with a different PSU

Solution

chosenj

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019

Or alternatively can you try your gpu in another system?

if this does not solve your issue, try the same with a different PSU
I don't have another GPU to test. But my current GPU has done this on my old system and this completely new one. Both systems had different PSUs.

TRENDING THREADS