[SOLVED] PC turns off on intensive apps

Angga47

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
PC turns off on intensive apps, all peripherals like display keyboard got shut down, is my PSU dying?

So my specs are:

I5 6500 with stock cooler
Asrock B150 Gaming K4
Sapphire Rx 580 nitro+ 8gb
Avexir 8gb ram ddr4 240mhz single channel
1tb of Wd Caviar Blue
1tb of Seagate Barracuda (I think it's a new edition?)
Seasonic M12II 520w Evo

So the story goes that my PC works fine, with temperature about 30-43c on idle and reaching 50c on load.
The pc does turns on after i leave it unplugged for a while, but it only works for normal stuff like browsing,etc. Watching Youtube,Gaming is out of the picture, it will usually shuts down within 10 minutes of gaming, and about 30 minutes of Youtube.

At first i was thinking its a problem with dust or else, so i cleaned it up, cleaned the dust filter, fans, etc, but it still shuts down.
So the Shutting down happen after a few minutes of intensive apps like gaming or video, the temperatures are normal within 50c (Although i dont know about the voltage, dont really understand about it.) After it shuts down, the audio just glitches out, and the peripherals just wont respond to any input like changing caps lock,etc,
But the fans, ram led, and cpu fans are still working though, and i think the monitor is searching for signals as it keeps blinking HDMI and Analog

I don't think overheating is an issue as i think my pc temps are quite normal, so that leaves the PSU dying or Motherboard fried i guess? But i don't know much about PSU diagnostics so, can i get some help regarding this issues? Especially on how to know which parts is dying, Thanks a lot!

Here's the temps

Last edited:
Solution
well yes the bare minimum for a Rx 580 nitro+ is 650watt so a bronze 520watt is not going to cut it you find a good gold rated PSU of 700 or more you should be fine. Not cheap but neither was the rx 580

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee
well yes the bare minimum for a Rx 580 nitro+ is 650watt so a bronze 520watt is not going to cut it you find a good gold rated PSU of 700 or more you should be fine. Not cheap but neither was the rx 580

Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee

Solution

Angga47

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015

Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime

Thanks for the recommendation as i'm going to buy a new one soon, but i don't think it's because the power consumption is too much, i think its just that the PSU is just simply dying. Thanks a lot for the recommendation though!