PC turns off on startup, just started happening.

CoolConnor141

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
*NOTE* I've checked threads saying its the PSU but I'm fairly certain it's not a PSU problem as the fan is active and everything is plugged in correctly and safely.

As it has been a while since I last de-dusted my PC, I took some time today to give it its cleaning of dust and other shite. I took all the precautions when cleaning (so no vacuums touching components, delicate handling of stuff e.t.c but I couldnt find my antistatic band so I made sure to be careful with that) and got it fully cleaned.

I re-plugged everything back in and loaded windows with no issues. I realized I'd installed the watercooler fan incorrectly (so it was sucking air in) so I took it apart, reinstalled, put it back together. But this time my PC kept turning itself off on startup? I tried a few things such as discharging the PSU, making sure everything was plugged in correctly e.t.c but it still kept shutting down?

I turned everything off, uplugged all sockets (including wall sockets and socket extension thing), plugged everything back in and now it seems ok? Probably jinxed it but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any advice?

CoolConnor141

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
My bad SR, specs are -

Sabertooth 990x R2.0
AMD FX 8320 (OC'd to 4.2Ghz)
Radeon HD 7850
750w PSU (Cannot remember PSU brand, sorry)
8GB GDDR5 Kingston RAM
Corsair H60 Watercooler
NZXT Phantom Full Tower