PC Turns Off Shortly After Starting [Here's what I did already...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

janpaulvb

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
Hi, yesterday, while I was working on my PC it just powered off out of nowhere. When I turned it back on it looked like it was starting up, but halfway down the startup process it powered off again...

After that it only took 1-2 seconds for each startup attempt to be interrupted by a power off.

Then I removed everything from the motherboard except the power and CPU. This resulted in some beeps and the power staying on. But what happened next was confusing...

I re-added the memory, videocard, HD etc and randomly the power would stay on or power off. There was no pattern. For example: most of the time the PC would power off after startup when I added the video card, but sometimes it would stay on also. The same was true for the other parts.

So this left me confused as to what was causing these power offs.

Then this morning I was working on figuring out the problem with my PC again, and everything surprisingly worked again. It's completely back together and running fine now.

The question though is, for how long...

Considering the above, does anyone have an idea of what the malfunctioning part is?

I'm thinking it's the PSU myself, but I don't want to order a new one only to find out it was something else later. Do you also think it's the PSU? Or could if be something else? And if so, what else could it be?

greengrassgamer

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015

Having this problem, too. Did the new battery fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.