Question PC turns off when GPU fans turn on ?

Jul 13, 2021
It only happens when the fans turn on. Everything works fine, the fans spin, the pc stays on, but the display turns off and shows no signal. I’ve replaced the power supply and the fans, and I need help.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
They start, the display crashes, and the fans stay on. Should I just replace the GPU?

I would really try popping in another GPU. If you don't have access to another one, consider buying one from a retail store (it doesn't really have to be a good one), and try swapping it out. If it fixes it, you know that's the problem, if not, then it's something else. Either way, you can return the GPU to the store and get a refund.

I might add, double check return policies wherever you go. A lot of retailers are making up new exceptions to their own policies now. I think Best Buy and WalMart still take stuff back with almost no questions asked.

Jul 13, 2021
I would really try popping in another GPU. If you don't have access to another one, consider buying one from a retail store (it doesn't really have to be a good one), and try swapping it out. If it fixes it, you know that's the problem, if not, then it's something else. Either way, you can return the GPU to the store and get a refund.

I might add, double check return policies wherever you go. A lot of retailers are making up new exceptions to their own policies now. I think Best Buy and WalMart still take stuff back with almost no questions asked.

sadly, I don’t have another GPU, and even the <Mod Edit> little circuit boards cost like 50$ now.

Last edited: