[SOLVED] PC turns off when running games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

_Luka

Reputable
May 14, 2016
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: MSI GTX 1080ti Seahawk X
RAM: 32 GB HyperX Fury
MB: Asus ROG Z-370 F
PSU: Corsair RM-750i

I am at my wits end. Everytime i put my PC under GPU load it shuts down instantly.
I have isolated it to my gpu with benchmarks. Cpu is fine integrated graphics is also fine.

I had been using a corsair rm-750 for 2 years and it worked flawlessly, but i expected it to be a psu issue and I RMAd it. so brand new psu. i also rma'd my cooling unit, as I had found that my temps were high. Now i have ice cold temps on both gpu and cpu and its still occuring.

i ran memtest86 and got back no errors, i've tried reseating everything and a different pcie slot and everything. It still doesn't work. I rma'd my gpu and got a brand new one, still issues.

please help!

Solution
So the only component that hasn't absolutely been replaced is the power supply, right? You sent it to Corsair and they sent you one back? Was the one they sent back in a brand new shrink wrapped package that had clearly NEVER been opened before? Because if not, then you simply got the same unit back OR another used unit that they boxed up and said was working fine. If you did not actually get a brand new replacement, then it is probably worth taking back the motherboard you just bought and getting a refund, or keeping it as a spare because you never know AND I will tell you that if you plan to keep this system for a good long while that later on you will not be able to find a motherboard replacement for the same price you got that one...

_Luka

Reputable
May 14, 2016
The 2nd psu i bought was another corsair rm750i. I bought a seasonic focus plus 850 as a replacement and its working great. And im kinda glad that i formated all my drives as now i have windows installed on my m.2 ssd and its much faster