[SOLVED] PC turns off when under load (All drivers are installed)

Alex0008

Reputable
Aug 30, 2019
Hello,

I am having one big issue with my newly built PC which is with any load, like games, it auto turns off and after 10 seconds the PC auto reboots and logs me back in. I have installed all drivers for the Mobo and GPU and still no luck. It seems to always crash when going from the in game start menu into the playable game.

Specs:
GPU: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 ROG STRIX OC Gaming
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: ASUS TUF X470 GAming Plus
RAM: 2 x 8GB Cosair Vengeance LPX
PSU: 750W - Aerocool MOD XT 80+ (Bronze)

- CPU idle temperature is a solid 50 Degrees Celsius and after every time the PC turns off, i go into the BIOS and the Cpu temp goes from 55 degrees back down to 50, every time.

- GPU always is at around 34 - 38 Degrees

- MOBO stays at 34 Degrees

Any help will be great

Thanks,

Alex

Solution
That PSU does not look remotely reliable, a quality 600W Gold will surpass that 750W PSU all day. I Had the same issues when gaming and had a cheap PSU that looked really good on paper and it really wasn't, i got a Seasonic Focus Plus 650W one and i never got any issues after using it. Your CPU idle temp worries me aswell 50*C at idle is not a normal temperature. Ditch the stock cooler for a better one, AMD decreased the Wraith Spire's quality with the 3000 series by removing the copper vapor chamber and making it all aluminium like an intel cooler, even a Hyper 212 Black can drastically decrease your temps, and if you are using the Wraith Stealth, ditch it immediately, that thing isnt worth a damn.

Alex0008

Reputable
Aug 30, 2019
Did you install the chipset drivers (from AMD)? Also, is Windows fully up to date?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

So i tried downloading the chipset driver form that website and i got this message:

- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run.

i got windows from installation media and selected windows 10 pro

Alex0008

Reputable
Aug 30, 2019
You didn't answer about whether you have the latest bios or not.

Could be a power issue and Aerocool mostly doen't sell very good psu's. Having 750watts doesn't make alot of difference then. Can try and use both pcie cables to power the gpu,see if it helps.

Yes I have the latest bios installed

Both pcie cables were plugged in already

I was also thinking towards the PSU but was seeing if any body could resolve before I buy another one

COLGeek

Cybernaut
So i tried downloading the chipset driver form that website and i got this message:

- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run.

i got windows from installation media and selected windows 10 pro
So, is Windows up to date? Also, try downloading the file (and installing) after ensuring that Windows is fully updated.

Alex0008

Reputable
Aug 30, 2019
So, is Windows up to date? Also, try downloading the file (and installing) after ensuring that Windows is fully updated.

Will do, the one thing is last time windows did an auto update my pc turned off and then I could only access the bios as it would keep crashing when I got to a certain point

Had to re install windows

Fros78

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
That PSU does not look remotely reliable, a quality 600W Gold will surpass that 750W PSU all day. I Had the same issues when gaming and had a cheap PSU that looked really good on paper and it really wasn't, i got a Seasonic Focus Plus 650W one and i never got any issues after using it. Your CPU idle temp worries me aswell 50*C at idle is not a normal temperature. Ditch the stock cooler for a better one, AMD decreased the Wraith Spire's quality with the 3000 series by removing the copper vapor chamber and making it all aluminium like an intel cooler, even a Hyper 212 Black can drastically decrease your temps, and if you are using the Wraith Stealth, ditch it immediately, that thing isnt worth a damn.

Solution

Alex0008

Reputable
Aug 30, 2019

Yeah i am buying a new PSU because that is the only thing that could be messing up

and i thought for AMD CPU 50 idle was okay

Sounds like a GPU issue to me. It is the easiest to test and I will put that into the highest probability. Or, it might be a power delivery issue with your PSU, but it's less likely. I do not see PSUs not being able to push into the 20-50% load territory when its just fine on standby often. The CPU idle temperatures are hot, but shouldn't be enough to crash your system. Are you sure you are installing the CPU fan properly?

Alex0008

Reputable
Aug 30, 2019
Sounds like a GPU issue to me. It is the easiest to test and I will put that into the highest probability. Or, it might be a power delivery issue with your PSU, but it's less likely. I do not see PSUs not being able to push into the 20-50% load territory when its just fine on standby often. The CPU idle temperatures are hot, but shouldn't be enough to crash your system. Are you sure you are installing the CPU fan properly?
CPU fan is installed properly all screws are tight and is plugged into the CPU fan header on the MOBO

TRENDING THREADS