Aug 18, 2019
Hello guys,

Here are my system specs,
Processor: Intel Core i5-7600K
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING
RAM Crucial: 8GB DDR4 3466MHz CL16 Ballistix Elite
Power supply: EVGA 650 GQ
Graphic card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC

When the problem first occured I tought its an overheating issue, it only occured when playing games, so if the case was open and air was blowing in
PC would never shutdown. Now it occurs pretty much anytime and PC shuts itself down then turns on in a loop for about 10 seconds turning on and off repeatedly. It also discharged the CMOS battery so the PC wouldnt turn on if I didnt reset it or put new one in.

Things i tried so far,
Different PSU same problem
Running on integrated graphics, same problem.
Took motherboard out of the case, same problem.
Disconnected everything besides CPU and Motherboard, same problem.

PC sometimes run for few minutes the turns off and proceeds to turn on and off over and over again or turns off and on right off the start.

My question is should I try new Motherboard first or new CPU, any suggestions are welcome. So far it looks like shortage is occuring somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 9, 2019
Could also be the power supply croaking. Do you happen to have another one laying around that you can test?

Mine will do this once in a blue moon. All I do to fix it is unplug the power supply from the back of the power supply (Not the wall plug end) for about 10 seconds. Hit the power button while its unplugged to jettison the Capacitors, and then plug it back in. Works like a champ. =)

Aug 18, 2019
Hello,

my cooler is Silentium Pc Fera 3, fan is spinning. Forgot to mention I reseated the CPU and put new thermal paste on it little less than a pea.
Mine did the same, once in a while it did infact shutdown and turned on, but it just got worse over the time and now it barely even starts up.
Also never had problem with temperatures, GPU was about 50 degrees celsius and CPU about 60 at full load.

As i mention above, I did buy a brand new power supply, but results are the same.