Question PC turns on and then immediately turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccharlesq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2015
So my pc suddenly started turning off immediately after I turn it on and then it keeps trying to turn on by itself without any success. Also, the second it stays on, the only thing that doesnt work is the case fans, everything else turns on. I did the PSU paper clip test and it worked, the PSU fan starts spinning and all which makes me belief that the issue resides on the motherboard, but I´m not quite sure. PLS HELP I really don´t want to have to buy another mobo.

PC SPECS: i5 4690k @4.4Ghz// Mobo: Asus z97-A// Gigabyte GTX 1070// nzxt kraken x62// PSU: EVGA 850w G2// 8GB RAM.

So my pc suddenly started turning off immediately after I turn it on and then it keeps trying to turn on by itself without any success. Also, the second it stays on, the only thing that doesnt work is the case fans, everything else turns on. I did the PSU paper clip test and it worked, the PSU fan starts spinning and all which makes me belief that the issue resides on the motherboard, but I´m not quite sure. PLS HELP I really don´t want to have to buy another mobo.

PC SPECS: i5 4690k @4.4Ghz// Mobo: Asus z97-A// Gigabyte GTX 1070// nzxt kraken x62// PSU: EVGA 850w G2// 8GB RAM.
Have you tried reseating the CPU and also checking for bent or broken pins in the CPU socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.