Question PC turns on and then off immediately

May 22, 2019
Hello,

This is my first post here.

A couple days ago my pc stopped immediately after I plugged in a usb wire in (note that I didn't plugged it directly in one of the MOBO's slots but in one wire connecting to the MOBO) then the pc stopped immediately and after that whenever I turned it on the fans just started spinning and then it stops.

After I checked on forums I found some quick fixes are clearing the dust, changing the battery, checking the ram or if the ram slots are busted, checking the gpu's things like that) after none worked and I checked if the Power supply is working I was left wondering if the MOBO is busted. So I went and bought a motherboard I installed it and the same thing happened. After, I went and bought a new power supply, even though I checked the one I had and It was working. I came home installed the new power supply into the new motherboard and the same thing happened it starts, spins the fans 1 second and stopps.

I honestly don't know what I can do anymore, can anyone help me?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

By plugging in the USB wire, you mean the internal headers on the board, while the PC was running?

You should also mention the make and model of your replacement parts. Have you tried breadboarding the system to rule out a grounding issue?

May 22, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

By plugging in the USB wire, you mean the internal headers on the board, while the PC was running?

You should also mention the make and model of your replacement parts. Have you tried breadboarding the system to rule out a grounding issue?

May 22, 2019

The old motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
The new one is Msi h16M-P31/W8

The old power supply is zelman zm500-LX
The new one is Floston FL 500 extra

The CPU is intel I5 2500k 3.3 GHZ

The GPU is evga gtx 680

The HDD is Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 1TB

This is an older spec but I never needed an upgrade since it ran pretty much everything I played even Witcher 3, on medium specs, but It was still pretty good. The new pieces we re things that I found as fast as possible in stores.