Question PC turns on and then off immediately.

wrik2223

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
I have read many forums and watched many YouTube videos and did pretty much everything the internet told me to, but the problem persists. But one strange thing is that while spamming the "restart" button if I press the power button, the PC runs, the fans spin and the leds light up but it doesn't display anything and if I stop spamming the PC turns off again. Please help me identify the problem.

PC specs:
Intel i3 4150 3.4ghz cpu
8gb ddr3 1333mhz ram
Msi rx570 8gb oc edition gpu
500W psu

wrik2223

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
Hello and welcome

Most powerisseus are caused by failing PSU's, can you lend/steal/buy another PSU to test your system with? it will save you a TON of troubleshooting
I did that paperclip test for my psu. It works fine. The thing is this is the second time this is happening. After the first time the pc started to work normally again suddenly. And yesterday it started to happen again. and unfortunately no i cant get a spare psu right now because of the corona virus and quarantine.

No worries

I would buy a PSU from a place that accept returns, we need to rule the PSU out
If not your PSU i'd say your MOBO is suspect

Only thing outside of these optionsi can think of is to "breadboard" the system, in the rare case that your pccase might be shorting your system

wrik2223

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
No worries

I would buy a PSU from a place that accept returns, we need to rule the PSU out
If not your PSU i'd say your MOBO is suspect

Only thing outside of these optionsi can think of is to "breadboard" the system, in the rare case that your pccase might be shorting your system
yes i have been thinking of breadboarding my system. and if that doesnt work i have to buy a new psu.

and can u tell me why my pc doesnt turn off when I spam the restart button?