[SOLVED] PC turns on but cpu fans don’t spin and gpu isn’t on

faizan.noorr03

Commendable
Apr 16, 2018
In the last week my computer started randomly rebooting while I was playing games. I thought it may be a overheating issue so I monitored temps and they were pretty normal maximum 72 ish. It became more and more frequent to the point it now happens every game in the middle of it. My monitors would go black and for up to 3 seconds I would still be able to hear sound like my teammate talking and then it would stop and reboot after like 30 seconds. I thought it may be driver issues so I updated drivers and it has made no difference. Today first game on after driver updates the same thing happened and now my PC will not start up. My motherboard lights are on and my case fans are spinning but my CPU fan isn’t and GPU isn’t turned on at all either. I have tried changing ram and trying it out 1 by 1 with no change. I have also tried resetting CMOS by the jumper method with nothing changing. If you guys have any suggestions on what to try let me know. Also i have never had PC issues before this week.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ RX 580 8GB
MOBO: MSI Bazooka V2 Micro ATX
RAM: ADATA XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3000 16GB (8x2)
PSU: Cooler Master 550W Semi Modular
HD: 1TB HDD

Last edited:
Solution
Good Day faizan.noorr03 :)
This Sounds like an CPU issue...Your CPU fan wil stop because of the CPU thats not responding...It could also be overheating that can cause it and sometime the temperatures isnt that accurate....You can try to enable CPU TEMPERATURE WARING ALARM in your bios just to know if it is really the overheating...you can also get accurate temperatures in the Bios setting Thats the accurate!

Another thing what i can think is the Bios battery itself...or maby your graphics card is running into some trouble because FIRST YOUR SCREEN GOES OFF then your system reboots...so maybe disconnecting the graphics card then connecting your screen directly into your motherboard JUST TO SEE IF THE SYSTEM REBOOTS AGAIN.
This cannot be...

Bassplate

Reputable
Good Day faizan.noorr03 :)
This Sounds like an CPU issue...Your CPU fan wil stop because of the CPU thats not responding...It could also be overheating that can cause it and sometime the temperatures isnt that accurate....You can try to enable CPU TEMPERATURE WARING ALARM in your bios just to know if it is really the overheating...you can also get accurate temperatures in the Bios setting Thats the accurate!

Another thing what i can think is the Bios battery itself...or maby your graphics card is running into some trouble because FIRST YOUR SCREEN GOES OFF then your system reboots...so maybe disconnecting the graphics card then connecting your screen directly into your motherboard JUST TO SEE IF THE SYSTEM REBOOTS AGAIN.
This cannot be a windows or a driver situation because if it was windows itself there should be a startup repair of some issue message or troubleshooting message.
For now try disconnecting some components especially graphics just to see if your system fails again:):);)

Solution