Question PC turns on, but does not display anything and wont turn off

AlphaSpartan

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
Hi all,

I have decided to take some of my recently acquired knowledge of PCs to try and diagnose the problem with a prebuilt PC for a family member. Unfortunately I am unable to figure out the problem.

Like I said in the description, the PC does turn on, but does not display anything onto the monitor(No problem with the monitor, I checked it with another PC). The case fan is on, the CPU fan is on, and the motherboard light is green and on.
Then, when I went to go turn it off, the computer would not turn off. I held down the power button for 5 seconds and it turned off, with the Motherboard light still on)

Any help would be appreciated!!

popatim

Titan
Connect speakers or headphones/earbuds to the audio jack and see if you hear the windows startup sound.
If you do then this is a video out issue. If there is a graphics card installed, see if you have video while connected to the motherbd video ports. You may just need to disable or the graphics card as the primary video device in the bios

The Motherboard light usually stays on as long as the PC is plugged in and outlet, that usually means the 5 volts from the power supply is working , not especially any thing else. Another thing to try is unplug the PC hit the power button a few times and then plug it up an try to start.