[SOLVED] pc turns on but doesnt boot

Jan 27, 2020
im sorry if this is the wrong section, a friend strongly suggested i post my new pc issue here.

i built my pc two days ago with entirely new parts. as far as i can see(im not nearly as smart as i thought i was three days ago), the motherboard's led turns on as soon as power is provided and when i actually turn the pc on, the fans and other assorted leds turn on.

i can't get it to show me anything on either display i've tried and the only clue is that it gives me two short beeps when it turn it on and then it goes quiet. attempting to boot into BIOS does nothing(my friend assumes that problem to come from an SSD booting too fast but i figured more context will help)

my friend and i have come to the conclusion that the problem comes from the ram but im not so sure there isnt another obvious problem someone smarter than me would find.

case: diypc zondda-o
processor: ryzen 5 2600
cpu cooler: gammaxx 400r
motherboard: rog strix b450-f gaming
video card: zotac geforce gtx 1060
ram: ripjaws 3200(oc) 8gig x2
ssd: wd blue 250 gb
power supply: thermaltake smart 600w

Solution
im sorry if this is the wrong section, a friend strongly suggested i post my new pc issue here.

i built my pc two days ago with entirely new parts. as far as i can see(im not nearly as smart as i thought i was three days ago), the motherboard's led turns on as soon as power is provided and when i actually turn the pc on, the fans and other assorted leds turn on.

i can't get it to show me anything on either display i've tried and the only clue is that it gives me two short beeps when it turn it on and then it goes quiet. attempting to boot into BIOS does nothing(my friend assumes that problem to come from an SSD booting too fast but i figured more context will help)

my friend and i have come to the conclusion that the problem...

my friend and i have come to the conclusion that the problem comes from the ram but im not so sure there isnt another obvious problem someone smarter than me would find.

case: diypc zondda-o
processor: ryzen 5 2600
cpu cooler: gammaxx 400r
motherboard: rog strix b450-f gaming
video card: zotac geforce gtx 1060
ram: ripjaws 3200(oc) 8gig x2
ssd: wd blue 250 gb
power supply: thermaltake smart 600w

First, welcome to Tom's Hardware! And to answer your question, two beeps indicate a RAM error. Double check your RAM and see if it works. Have you overclocked your RAM sticks? If you have clear the CMOS memory.

Solution
Jan 27, 2020
First, welcome to Tom's Hardware! And to answer your question, two beeps indicate a RAM error. Double check your RAM and see if it works. Have you overclocked your RAM sticks? If you have clear the CMOS memory.

thanks for the welcome!

at some point in the running, i sort of figured that having this ram that seemingly requires overclocking was the wrong choice, would the ram issue prevent the pc from getting into the bios in order to overclock it in the first place? if so, i seem to just need ram that doesnt require OCing and can do that soon enough, if not, i think my problem is worse than i originally thought.

thanks for the welcome!

at some point in the running, i sort of figured that having this ram that seemingly requires overclocking was the wrong choice, would the ram issue prevent the pc from getting into the bios in order to overclock it in the first place? if so, i seem to just need ram that doesnt require OCing and can do that soon enough, if not, i think my problem is worse than i originally thought.

Ok, may I ask again if you have built your computer and it failed to POST or if you went into the pc BIOS and started overclocking? Do you know what overclocking is? How have you positioned the RAM?

Jan 27, 2020
Ok, may I ask again if you have built your computer and it failed to POST or if you went into the pc BIOS and started overclocking? Do you know what overclocking is? How have you positioned the RAM?
it fails to post, i know what overclocking is, i have not tried overclocking, ram is in a2 and b2 slots.

im sorry i didnt answer the questions before.

it fails to post, i know what overclocking is, i have not tried overclocking, ram is in a2 and b2 slots.

im sorry i didnt answer the questions before.

Right so its 2 short beeps, and your ram isn't too overclocked. Either it is RAM not placed properly or either its Faulty RAM. Double check every cable and try to put in the RAM again. Take it out and see if it is faulty. If not, apply light pressure until it clicks

laptop-Tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
if needed get new ram
PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/svxW23

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($94.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($55.72 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $150.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-28 10:55 EST-0500