Question PC Turns on but doesn't seem to boot up as it did normally a week ago.

Aug 12, 2019
Hi!
I only use my PC for games really and we havent had internet in the last week so i left it untouched (And powered off ofcourse). Now we have our connection back and i try turning on my pc and it doesn't boot up. I'll give a step by step of what happens.

• I press the power button
• Lights turn on, fans start rolling
• No single short beep sound which it usually does
• No signal on my monitor

Now im not a very technical guy but i know the terms and whatnot of things and know where the basic things are located. I've tried undusting it a but more although its pretty clean, tried unplugging all hardware except the power, i dont know what else to do and dont want to try anything else without knowing its okay to do so.

My system out the top of my head:
• GTX 960 2G
• i5-4690
• 16GB RAM
• ASUS Z97-a motherboard
• some asus 750 watt psu

Help is very very much appreciated!
Thank you.

sdedu77

Proper
Dec 9, 2018
Try to put rhat stick back and if it does not put, swap them. Also, are the sticks from a 2x8 kit or you bought another one? If so, they should have the same frequency, latency and voltage to avoud any issues.

Trimis de pe al meu HUAWEI TAG-L01 folosind Tapatalk

Aug 12, 2019
Try to put rhat stick back and if it does not put, swap them. Also, are the sticks from a 2x8 kit or you bought another one? If so, they should have the same frequency, latency and voltage to avoud any issues.

Trimis de pe al meu HUAWEI TAG-L01 folosind Tapatalk
Hey! I just got back and messed around a bit more, i tried putting the stick back and it didn't work, but then i swapped places with the sticks (It's 2x8 btw, same kit) and it worked. Either way, it's all resolved now and thanks for your reply!

Reactions: sdedu77

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS