Pc turns on but mice, keyboard, and monitor show no signs.

Steven Villarreal

Honorable
May 26, 2014
This started happening a while ago.

Aproximently 3 months ago I got a new monitor, the Acer XF270H and sometimes my pc would turn on but show no signal to my monitor. Fast forward 3 months and now it will turn on but this time the monitor mouse and keyboard will not turn and appear as if my pc is not turned on. I unplugged everything and tried to see if that worked but to no avail nothing. As far as I can tell everything should work. The lights in my pc are on, no red lights or beeps either and it seems to be acting normal besides my monitor not displaying anything and my mouse and keyboard appearing to not be on. Do you think maybe it is my mobo acting up?

Specs:
AMD FX-6300
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970 ACX 2.0
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
WD Cavier Blue 500GB x2
Corsair CX 500
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

Solution
with a power supply you need a volt meter and check all of the colored wires output see if there within atx spec. the black wires are grounds. for gpu put it in another pc see if the error follows the gpu/
can be two issues. one the gpu has a failure. those evga are known to have bad vrm issue and can fail with no video. the other issue is your power supply it a ok unit. it may have died from age. i would see if the power supply is under warranty if itt not look at the seasonic newer focus power supply. for the video card try a test video card into your system.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Steven Villarreal : "URGENT HELP PC will not post!"

motherboard or psu

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Steven Villarreal : "PC turns on but mic, keyboard, and monitor show no signal?"