PC turns on but monitor and peripherals do not

BlackMamba23

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I'm experiencing a problem with my custom built PC after 3 years running time. It started to occur a few week(s) after moving house. At first it was the PC turning on (fans, gpu, lights) but the monitor and all usb-powered peripherals weren't responding, after a few restarts, it would begin to work. However currently the PC still does the same start-up problem, but restarting doesn't work anymore. I've tested some of the components on another rig; the gpu, ram, hard drives, peripherals and monitor are all working fine, the 3 components I'm unsure of are the CPU, motherboard and PSU. Is some way I can isolate the problem, so I don't have to replace unnecessarily. I've tried clearing CMOS, that too did not work.

My PC:
i5 3570k OC@4.4GHz with a xigmatek aftermarket cooler
MSI Z77A G-41 motherboard
Gigabyte GTX 970
HyperX 16gb ram
HyperX 120gb ssd as OS drive
1tb HDD
2tb HDD
InWin 700w desert fox PSU semi-modular
CM enforcer case
BenQ XL2411Z 144hz monitor

Pretty sure I've covered almost everything haha. If you require anymore information please let me know!, thank you :)

BlackMamba23

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

I've just tested this, the same problem persists. Just want to say, I took the whole system apart about 3 times exchanging components to single out the problem. So nothing is wrong with the connections. SATA cables are also good since I tested them on another system. Everything leads to either a faulty CPU, motherboard or PSU. I'm just unsure which...

BlackMamba23

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

I've inspected the motherboard countless times, nothing looks out of place or any pins being bent. I tried out another PSU in the system and i get the same result. I will test another CPU in the motherboard to see if that's the issue, I think it's leaning more towards that...

BlackMamba23

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

Already tried :p
I have a spare CPU I can test with. If it works, then the problem is definitely my CPU. I'm going to remove it first to see if any pins are bent...