Question PC turns on but monitor, keyboard, and mouse don’t work

imsoblu

Prominent
Jun 3, 2018
After turning on my PC, I find that the monitor has a black screen and the keyboard and mouse don’t work/aren’t lit up. The fans and rgb and running in my PC and the GPU light and fans are working. I reset the cmo battery and it still isn’t working. I got rid of all dust too. After unplugging ram, I find that the PC turns on but then shuts off then turns back on in a cycle, even with 1 or 2 sticks it does this. But with all sticks plugged in, it stays on. I even plug display port and hdmi into the motherboard but nothing works. All my parts are relatively new except RAM, storage, and SATA cables. What is the culprit here?

specs:
AMD ryzen2600x
msi b450 gaming pro ac
evga 1060gtx 6gb
4x4gb DDR4 3000 MHz vengeance
EVGA supernova 550W g3

Last edited:

imsoblu

Prominent
Jun 3, 2018
Because you had 4 sticks, did you try to use single one only yet? and you need to clear the COMS too. I think one of them may have problem. Or tweak the RAM speed setting too.
Yeah I tried with single stick, PC would shut off after a couple seconds then start back on. How do I clear the COMS? Or did you mean cmos? I can’t tweak the ram speed because my monitor is just a black screen and the mouse and keyboard don’t work.

imsoblu

Prominent
Jun 3, 2018
How long was the PC running without issue, if ever? If it was running before now, anything strange happen before this occurred (strange crash, power outage, etc)?
About a year I think without issue, sometimes I would get blue screens but I think I may have left my computer on during the morning and I came back during the afternoon and I saw it was still on but mouse, keyboard, and monitor were unresponsive. I just swapped a couple of parts from my brothers pc to test mine and with his ram and gpu my pc still wasn’t working. So that kinda narrows it down to my motherboard, cpu, or psu.