Question Pc turns on but monitor loses signal after Bios screen

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
My friend has this problem too with different motherboard/CPU and i cant figure out whats wrong with it, on 1st start up i'll get signal lost but if i restart my pc it works fine

Pc specs

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER
750GQ

To me it seems like a Ryzen problem? and i shouldnt worry much? But its super annoying and only ever does it when the pc has been off for the night.

Do a full reinstall the latest GPU Drivers. I would recommend using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller app) to uninstall them, or at the very least use the Nvidia Clean Installation option (it will be under custom installation options).

Since the trouble begins after the BIOS screen it appears to me that this is a Windows issue since the BIOS uses well basic drivers for display until Windows loads then it changes over to the Windows Defaut/Nvidia ones.

Report back if you still have this issue.

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Do a full reinstall the latest GPU Drivers. I would recommend using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller app) to uninstall them, or at the very least use the Nvidia Clean Installation option (it will be under custom installation options).

Since the trouble begins after the BIOS screen it appears to me that this is a Windows issue since the BIOS uses well basic drivers for display until Windows loads then it changes over to the Windows Defaut/Nvidia ones.

Report back if you still have this issue.

Just did a fresh install of the drivers, will have to wait till tomorrow to see if it worked, will let you know tomorrow. Thanks.

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Dont think its fixed the issue, it seems to be getting worse because at first if i turned off my PSU over night it would start up fine but now im having to restart even if i do that and while gaming my monitor will turn off for a few secs then back on. Could this be a motherboard issue? I know it cant be a GPU issue since it was happening with my 1060 and i recently just put a 2070 in.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
since your psu is modular did you try to use another cable for gpu and did you test all 4 gpu power output on psu for your friend if it did not fully reinstall the os from intel to amd that is a issue ask him to made is own post since is issue could be something else .