Question PC turns on but monitor remains black

May 6, 2020
When I hit the power button, the lighting and the fans start up but the monitor remains black, not even a pop up saying that there is no signal from the display port. I checked out the monitor and it was fine and I highly doubt the DisplayPort cable was faulty since I tried a hdmi cable out and it still didn't work.Upon powering the pc, my keyboard does light up but the caps lock doesn't seem to be working. My mouse lights up for a few seconds before going off and my headset seems to be charging. Backstory- My network adapter was causing some problems on my pc- stuttering, video and audio dropouts but I fixed it by updating the drivers. Yesterday while I was playing on my computer, I experienced a blue screen. Windows did some troubleshooting and restarted without problems. I used the pc for about 10 more mins without issues and decided to reseat the network adapter. I also decided to reinstall my gpu nd did not power on my computer until today. I urgently need help as this is the only computer in the house and I need to do my online classes. Thank you for helping
Specs-
Ryzen 5 3600x
Rx 5700
16gb ram 3200mhz
650 watt bronze cougar PSU
Asus B450m Prime Plus
Also using a Seagate firecuda 1tb hybrid drive
I had this pc for 10months and it had been working fine

Last edited:
May 6, 2020
When I hit the power button, the lighting and the fans start up but the monitor remains black, not even a pop up saying that there is no signal from the display port. I checked out the monitor and it was fine and I highly doubt the DisplayPort cable was faulty since I tried a hdmi cable out and it still didn't work.Upon powering the pc, my keyboard does light up but the caps lock doesn't seem to be working. My mouse lights up for a few seconds before going off and my headset seems to be charging. Backstory- My network adapter was causing some problems on my pc- stuttering, video and audio dropouts but I fixed it by updating the drivers. Yesterday while I was playing on my computer, I experienced a blue screen. Windows did some troubleshooting and restarted without problems. I used the pc for about 10 more mins without issues and decided to reseat the network adapter. I also decided to reinstall my gpu nd did not power on my computer until today. I urgently need help as this is the only computer in the house and I need to do my online classes. Thank you for helping
Specs-
Ryzen 5 3600x
Rx 5700
16gb ram 3200mhz
650 watt bronze cougar PS3
Asus B450m Prime Plus
Also using a Seagate firecuda 1tb hybrid drive
I had this pc for 10months and it had been working fine

Colif

Win 11 Master
Still no picture even with gpu in pc?

does screen show any signs of life when you turn pc on?

sometimes if USB and display lose power it could be a sign the PSU isn't supplying enough to power everything.

BSOD can be caused by almost anything and without a working screen its impossible to tell what cause might have been.

May 6, 2020
I do have a picture of the blue screen. Don't know how to post it on here but it says video Tdr failure and what failed was atikmpag.sys. Right after blue screen I was able to get back to Windows though I believe it all went wrong when I took the gpu out