Question PC turns on but monitor says "No Signal Detected" ?

moizurrehman4

Honorable
Feb 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I am having this issue since yesterday i.e. when I turn on my PC, all the components inside the PC turn on but I get message on my monitor "No Signal Detected". I've had this issue in the past which got resolved by cleaning my PC, reseating components.

But this time, before I started getting "No Signal Detected" message on my monitor, my PC was able to boot to Post BIOS screen (Asus logo) but it kept on freezing there everytime.

To troubleshoot this issue, I tried unplugging all the non-essential components and only keeping Mobo, CPU, single RAM stick and PSU attached to just get to BIOS screen but it doesn't work. I have also re-inserted CMOS battery, tightened cable connections but still no success.

PC Specs:
CPU: Core I5 6400
Mobo: ASUS B250M-A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 12GB
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060
PSU: Corsair VS 550W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo
Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Edit: My Monitor and DVI/HDMI cables are working fine (checked with my Laptop). Root cause of Issue has to be the Motherboard, CPU or PSU.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023
Hi everyone, I am having this issue since yesterday i.e. when I turn on my PC, all the components inside the PC turn on but I get message on my monitor "No Signal Detected". I've had this issue in the past which got resolved by cleaning my PC, reseating components.

But this time, before I started getting "No Signal Detected" message on my monitor, my PC was able to boot to Post BIOS screen (Asus logo) but it kept on freezing there everytime.

To troubleshoot this issue, I tried unplugging all the non-essential components and only keeping Mobo, CPU, single RAM stick and PSU attached to just get to BIOS screen but it doesn't work. I have also re-inserted CMOS battery, tightened cable connections but still no success.

PC Specs:
CPU: Core I5 6400
Mobo: ASUS B250M-A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 12GB
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060
PSU: Corsair VS 550W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo
Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Edit: My Monitor and DVI/HDMI cables are working fine (checked with my Laptop). Root cause of Issue has to be the Motherboard, CPU or PSU.
Well you did most if not all of the things which could fix the problem.
So I would start checking for any faulty components.
But the worst thing is that the issue could be smth of which most of the people are not familiar with, weird thing to say I know, but hear me out, 3 weeks ago I had the same issue, I did all of the things you mentioned, checked most of my hardware, and nothing, I could not fix it, spent whole night researching what could the issue be and nothing helped. So I totaly gave up on it, couple of hours later that day my girlfriend visits me, while I was prepairing coffe she just pressed the start button and everything worked fine... I was mad and happy at the same time.

Unfortunatelly this comment will not help you too much, but the point is that the issue could be something very stupid of which you never thought of. Gl buddy

moizurrehman4

Honorable
Feb 25, 2018
Well you did most if not all of the things which could fix the problem.
So I would start checking for any faulty components.
But the worst thing is that the issue could be smth of which most of the people are not familiar with, weird thing to say I know, but hear me out, 3 weeks ago I had the same issue, I did all of the things you mentioned, checked most of my hardware, and nothing, I could not fix it, spent whole night researching what could the issue be and nothing helped. So I totaly gave up on it, couple of hours later that day my girlfriend visits me, while I was prepairing coffe she just pressed the start button and everything worked fine... I was mad and happy at the same time.

Unfortunatelly this comment will not help you too much, but the point is that the issue could be something very stupid of which you never thought of. Gl buddy
You were right. Issue turned out to be the weirdest one and it was due to my keyboard/usb ports.

moizurrehman4

Honorable
Feb 25, 2018
Well the main culprit turned out to be the keyboard. Its so weird to think that keyboard was causing all of the issue. Whenever I reinserted PC hardware, keyboard would stop working and cause the system to freeze at Asus logo and most of my USB ports would stop working too.

However, issue is resolved by plugging keyboard in the last when every hardware was reinserted and PC was able to boot up without any issue.

Mar 11, 2023
You were right. Issue turned out to be the weirdest one and it was due to my keyboard/usb ports.
Ahahaha cool you fixed it. I still do not know what caused my problem, probably smth supid as well.

Well at least you did not have to bring your girlfriend to fix the pc for you 😅.
Jokes aside, better to be keyboard/usb port than a faulty cpu or mobo. Glad if I was able to help in some sort of way.

Last edited:
Reactions: moizurrehman4
Well the main culprit turned out to be the keyboard. Its so weird to think that keyboard was causing all of the issue. Whenever I reinserted PC hardware, keyboard would stop working and cause the system to freeze at Asus logo and most of my USB ports would stop working too.

However, issue is resolved by plugging keyboard in the last when every hardware was reinserted and PC was able to boot up without any issue.

Interestingly, many USB devices will share one root HUB (on the motherboard) even if they use separate USB ports (they only seem separate at times). Aren't you glad you didn't buy a new PC and throw out the old one?

moizurrehman4

Honorable
Feb 25, 2018
Interestingly, many USB devices will share one root HUB (on the motherboard) even if they use separate USB ports (they only seem separate at times). Aren't you glad you didn't buy a new PC and throw out the old one?
I'm glad my PC works fine now. I just have to unplug keyboard everytime before turning on PC otherwise It get stuck on Asus logo. I don't know what causing this issue tho.