Question Pc turns on but monitor says no signal

Jan 30, 2021
Hello, today I was adding some parts to my pc and ended up with an unexpected error.
My build is:
mother board: Asus prime pro x470
GPU: Gigabyte 1080
CPU: AMD ryzen 7
RAM: Corsair DDR4 16 GB (but I was increasing it to 48 GB via two 16 GB sticks; again Corsair DDR4 )
Psu: EVGA super nova 850 watt 80 gold

I installed an ssd, sshd, and some new ram. When I tried to boot up my pc it turned on fine, but the monitor showed “no signal” although it appears to recognize its plugged in(meaning it registers the hdmi being plugged or unplugged). My computer ran perfect before adding the new ram and hard drives. I’ve made sure the hdmi was good via trying it on my laptop(it worked). I had unplugged my gpu to get easier access to my ram and to cable manage and once I had finished adding everything I seeded it back in. I’ve also tried reseeding the gpu and still nothing. My mouse and keyboard no longer power up, I’ve tried running it with the old ram only and it still won’t get a signal. I’ve tried every ram slot with the old ram and it seems none of them work now. My monitor doesn’t seem to be the problem considering it worked on a different source. I’ve tried connecting to the mobo integrated graphics and I still get no signal. I’m stuck and need major help.

Jan 30, 2021
UPDATE: I got it, my mother board Ram slots require a weirdly strong amount of power to insert them into the slots. I pushed really hard and they snapped in, more than what they were originally doing. I can only assume it didn’t boot cuz it thought there was no ram.

TRENDING THREADS