Question PC Turns On but no display is output

billybob713

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015
A few weeks back I turned off my PC and when I tried to turn it back on I noticed that the PC and peripherals were getting power but I wasn't getting any display output. I went through the classic troubleshooting step of turning it off and then back on again to no avail. Then I tried turning off the power, leaving the computer unplugged for a bit, plugging everything back in and starting up and it worked! I assumed it was a one-off issue and did nothing further.

Fast-forward to now, this issue has happened 2-3 more times, everytime I poweroff my PC. However, yesterday I turned off my PC and now my troubleshooting step of unplugging the Power Supply isn't working and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried different HDMI/DP cables so I know cables aren't the issue and I haven't touched my PC internally in months (last time being putting in a new CPU cooler about 3-4 months ago. Anyone run into a similar issue or know how to troubleshoot this?

I'm going to try resetting my CMOS, I just haven't yet because it's behind my GPU so I'll have to take the GPU out.

billybob713

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015
Full system specs would be helpful.

Perhaps just removing and reseating the GPU and a general check of the connectors inside?
Hard to conjecture without more information.

Below are my system specs:
NZXT Kraken M221
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFIBlack
MSI GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti VENTUS
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz
NZXT E850 Gold Digital PSU
G. Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB 3600MHz

I just tried reseating the GPU, resetting the CMOS battery, and reseating RAM but it's still not working :/. I also may have messed up reseating the RAM as my motherboard is now giving me a red light when I turn it on indicating an issue with the DRAM.

What connectors should I looking at? It doesn't seem like anything has obviously fallen off

billybob713

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2015
Below are my system specs:
NZXT Kraken M221
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFIBlack
MSI GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti VENTUS
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz
NZXT E850 Gold Digital PSU
G. Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB 3600MHz

I just tried reseating the GPU, resetting the CMOS battery, and reseating RAM but it's still not working :/. I also may have messed up reseating the RAM as my motherboard is now giving me a red light when I turn it on indicating an issue with the DRAM.

What connectors should I looking at? It doesn't seem like anything has obviously fallen off
Update: I had reseated one of the RAM sticks incorrectly, reseated it and now the red light is off but still failing to get any display output.