[SOLVED] PC turns on but no display. Not a HDMI or monitor issue.

zrs

Reputable
May 30, 2014
Hey guys could really use some help, my pc's been having a issue lately where it seamingly boots up perfectly fine but there's no display and the monitor can't detect a signal. I've used multiple HDMI cables and tried other tv's and even another graphics card but I get the same problem. It used to be that id just restart it and then it would work fine but now that's not working either. Also I can hear my harddrive booting and my graphics card lights up and seems like it's working fine so I don't think that's the issue. I have a feeling it might be the psu because I don't think I can feel it's fan blowing but it's lighting up just fine but I'd appreciate some advice from people with more knowledge then me before I try anything else.

Also my specs are:
Corsair gs 700 psu
Msi z87 g43 mobo
Evga Gtx 980 Older i5 from 2012 not sure which
8gb ram
Windows 10

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018

The gpu and psu fans don't necessarily spin up unless the computer is under load. Since it is just booting, only cpu fan should be running.

zrs

Reputable
May 30, 2014
So I didn't get anything from hooking it up from the mobo but I tried a older HDMI 1.4 to the gpu and it seems to have booted up (previously was using 2.0 cables). I got the windows screen and entered my password and it's currently stuck at a black screen with just the pointer. At least it doesn't seem like a larger hardware issue.