[SOLVED] PC turns on but no display on monitor

Jan 28, 2020
All the fans and lights to my PC turn on but always a no display on my monitor. I have already tried different cables reseating the gpu and cpu.
Specs: Gtx 1060, amd ryzen 5 3600x, msi b350m pro Vh plus, Corsair vengeance lox 16 gb, replace power rp atx 850 bl

Solution
I didn't update the motherboard. Is that what I should do? if so, how do I do so?
I know im asking a lot of questions lol, but could the psi be theproblem?

Sorry I took so long to reply life is hectic

The PSU likely isn't the problem here since you're not even getting to the point that it can cause a problem (it should obviously be replaced).

You bought a motherboard that requires a BIOS update before being able to use that CPU. If you don't have an older CPU that works on that motherboard out-of-the-box, you have to borrow one, contact a local store to ask if they will update it, or contact MSI for help.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-PRO-VH-PLUS#support-cpu

One way or the other, you'll almost...

DSzymborski

Titan
By what method did you update the motherboard to be able to run your 3600x, which will not run out of the box without updating the BIOS?

That PSU is frightening and replacing it is necessary under any circumstances; you needed a quality 550W PSU, not a dodgy 850W. I'd rather connect my PC to a sandwich because the sandwich won't destroy anything.

Jan 28, 2020
I didn't update the motherboard. Is that what I should do? if so, how do I do so?

DSzymborski

Titan

The PSU likely isn't the problem here since you're not even getting to the point that it can cause a problem (it should obviously be replaced).

You bought a motherboard that requires a BIOS update before being able to use that CPU. If you don't have an older CPU that works on that motherboard out-of-the-box, you have to borrow one, contact a local store to ask if they will update it, or contact MSI for help.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-PRO-VH-PLUS#support-cpu

One way or the other, you'll almost certainly need to get a CPU that is compatible with the BIOS it shipped with, which is 7B07v20.zip (see the right column in the link). Only X570 motherboards and motherboards that specifically say they're ready to run the newest series of Ryzen are guaranteed to work out of the box. Your motherboard is from the early Ryzen generations; it's not even guaranteed to run CPUs in the 2000s out of the box.

Solution