[SOLVED] pc turns on but no display

lorent

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
my pc turns on but there is no lights on mouse and no display the wierd thing is that my keyboard light up

Any beeps from the internal speaker (assuming you have one attached)? From your description, it sounds like the machine powers up, but doesn't POST. If you don't get any beep codes or don't have an internal speaker attached to the front panel pins on on the motherboard, I would start by removing all non-essential components (all but one RAM stick, all storage devices (hard drives, sata and M.2 SSD drives.... all of them), as well as any expansion cards. If you have onboard video, remove any discrete graphics cards as well. Power up and see if the system will POST. If it does, start adding things back in, one at a time (one RAM stick per power on attempt, one storage drive... etc.) until you find the faulty component.

lorent

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
ill try that but something is funnny when u put usb stick for my mouse in one secund it light up and the turn on and then turn off for like 1 second

Last edited:

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
My past experiences with issues like yours where the keyboard and sometimes the mouse lights up for a split second normally means something power supply related. Do you have an extra power supply that's good enough to test it out? I would also check all of your connections before jumping to this step. Most power supplies will have a 3-5 year warranty unless it's a prebuilt

lorent

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
okay found out that it can boot up without the turn on turn off loop if i don't have any ram inside but no usb power or display still, but if i put a ram stick in it just keep the loop going turn on turn off still no power to usb or display. pls help me s