Question PC turns on but no display

Dec 31, 2020
So my old gpu had a shortcircuit and took down my cpu with it. i replaced both of them and now my new gpu arrived. The pc lights turn on for a second,then everything turn off,then again on and keep staying on. monitor says that no signal is detected and every light on my pc,including the power button keeps flickering and fans seem to stop for about 0.2 seconds

So my old gpu had a shortcircuit and took down my cpu with it. i replaced both of them and now my new gpu arrived. The pc lights turn on for a second,then everything turn off,then again on and keep staying on. monitor says that no signal is detected and every light on my pc,including the power button keeps flickering and fans seem to stop for about 0.2 seconds
If that short killed CPU too, I would be afraid of that motherboard too.

Dec 31, 2020
Mb could be only partially damaged. CPU could only be burned if MB gives it too high voltage and it's right in between GPU and CPU. That's why I said I'd be afraid of that MB.
Mb could be only partially damaged. CPU could only be burned if MB gives it too high voltage and it's right in between GPU and CPU. That's why I said I'd be afraid of that MB.
so the damaged motherboard is also the reason the the blinking lights?