[SOLVED] PC turns on but no nothing comes up on monitor

verma17

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
So my PC turns on but nothing comes up on my monitor,all of my pcs fans spin and my ram lights up so the PC is definitely getting power, gpu fans also spin and it also lights up but nothing comes up on my monitor

I’ve tried plugging in the dp cable in all of my gpu‘s dp ports and I’ve also tried a Hdmi cable, reseated the gpu twice

my monitor is an acer vg271u

PC specs are
3700x
2080 ti
16gb 3200mhz ram(XMP)
650w psu
x570 msi gamin edge WiFi mobo

Solution
Removed one ram stick and something finally showed up on the monitor,what could be causing this?
Either faulty ram stick or a faulty ram slot on your motherboard.If u have a friend with a 'newer' pc,test that ram in his pc,and see if it works.If it doesnt,the ram is faulty,if it does,then its the ram slot on the mobo thats bad.
Here's what could help:
-Change RAM possitions,try every possible combination like putting only 1 ram stick in,changing spots of ram sticks,etc..
-Remove the CMOS battery,wait 20 seconds,then put it back in.This resets all your bios settings to normal,your ram will likely be lower than 3200mhz if it boots after removing cmos
-Remove the gpu,plug your video cable into the motherboard,turn your pc on and see what happens.If you get a screen,the issue is either 2080 Ti or your PSU,which i forgot to mention,what is the exact make/model of your 650W psu?

yeah thats all i can think of right now,do thoose things and see what happens.
Good luck

verma17

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
Here's what could help:
-Change RAM possitions,try every possible combination like putting only 1 ram stick in,changing spots of ram sticks,etc..
-Remove the CMOS battery,wait 20 seconds,then put it back in.This resets all your bios settings to normal,your ram will likely be lower than 3200mhz if it boots after removing cmos
-Remove the gpu,plug your video cable into the motherboard,turn your pc on and see what happens.If you get a screen,the issue is either 2080 Ti or your PSU,which i forgot to mention,what is the exact make/model of your 650W psu?

yeah thats all i can think of right now,do thoose things and see what happens.
Good luck
I tried plugging in my video cable into my mobo before, screen didn’t come up, it’s a Corsair cxm psu

Nitromon

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015
There is a lot of info missing, but from a general stand point, if everything is working except your monitor, have you confirmed the monitor is the culprit?

I recently took my laptop apart and put it back together. The monitor wouldn't show up, that's the built in laptop display. Turns out I simply didn't "click" the connector onto the motherboard tight enough.

Likewise, 1st step to debug is to check external issues, simpler than removing your cmos battery and ram.

1) Is your monitor cable connected tightly? Is the monitor powered?

2) Is it connected to the right port (if you're on a desktop you would have 2 ports, 1 from GPU 1 from motherboard). In fact, you can connect to the mobo GPU port to verify if your monitor is working.

3) If you can verify your monitor works with the integrated GPU, then you can proceed to debug if the GPU board is the problem.

dimtodim

Reputable
So my PC turns on but nothing comes up on my monitor,all of my pcs fans spin and my ram lights up so the PC is definitely getting power, gpu fans also spin and it also lights up but nothing comes up on my monitor

I’ve tried plugging in the dp cable in all of my gpu‘s dp ports and I’ve also tried a Hdmi cable, reseated the gpu twice

my monitor is an acer vg271u

PC specs are
3700x
2080 ti
16gb 3200mhz ram(XMP)
650w psu
x570 msi gamin edge WiFi mobo
Dont forget on monitor after plug find in menu what port u use and select same port

verma17

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
There is a lot of info missing, but from a general stand point, if everything is working except your monitor, have you confirmed the monitor is the culprit?

I recently took my laptop apart and put it back together. The monitor wouldn't show up, that's the built in laptop display. Turns out I simply didn't "click" the connector onto the motherboard tight enough.

Likewise, 1st step to debug is to check external issues, simpler than removing your cmos battery and ram.

1) Is your monitor cable connected tightly? Is the monitor powered?

2) Is it connected to the right port (if you're on a desktop you would have 2 ports, 1 from GPU 1 from motherboard). In fact, you can connect to the mobo GPU port to verify if your monitor is working.

3) If you can verify your monitor works with the integrated GPU, then you can proceed to debug if the GPU board is the problem.
Removed one ram stick and something finally showed up on the monitor,what could be causing this?