Question PC Turns on but no power to peripherals and no motherboard error lights are lit up.

JoeDaPCMan

Honorable
Mar 18, 2016
So as of recently, my PC has just stopped working, it won’t load into BIOS or anything because no peripherals are getting any power. Keyboard isn’t lighting up, mouse isn’t lighting up, and the monitors aren’t getting a signal.

We have already replaced the power supply as we thought it would be the culprit but the system does the same exact thing even with a 750w PSU installed.

The motherboard isn’t displaying any sort of error light, no ram error light, no CPU error light, nothing. All the LEDS and fans inside of the PC turn on and spin and the motherboard lights up.

What could possibly be the issue? We thought it might have been the ram but we tried multiple sticks in multiple arrangements and nothing works, we don’t think it’s the ram since the motherboard should tell us by showing us the error LED.

There are no indicators as to what is causing the issue, we also thought it might have been the GPU but wouldn’t the peripherals work anyway even if it was the case?

So I am lost, I don’t know what the issue is, I would love any sort of help because I am a bit lost.

System Specs:

Ryzen 3700x
B450 Tomahawk Max Motherboard
Ripjaws 2 x 8gb ram sticks
EVGA 750w PSU
WD 1TB Harddrive
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Check the incoming power sources: plug in other known working devices to ensure that power is present in all outlets, surge protectors, power strips etc.

Look for any small tripped circuit breakers that may installed. Check the main circuit if necessary.

JoeDaPCMan

Honorable
Mar 18, 2016
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Check the incoming power sources: plug in other known working devices to ensure that power is present in all outlets, surge protectors, power strips etc.

Look for any small tripped circuit breakers that may installed. Check the main circuit if necessary.
I have updated my system specs and OS information

I am not sure how to check for the things you listed, is there any other troubleshooting I can do to eliminate anything that isn't causing the issue?