Pc turns on but not the monitor

jebac.aka

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
So, I have bought like this new Samsung 19 inch monitor for my PC as I really wanted to get rid of my old IBM one. Of course, the first thing that happens is that my PC turns on properly and everything seems okay but I do notice that my monitor just won't turn on at all. Now, I know that it can't be my PC as I can hear the Windows startup song playing through my speakers. Could it be that my monitor is not plugged in correctly? I do see the light on it, which means it does work but wont turn on for some reason....

Solution
What type of cable are you using? Just make sure all of the needed cables are plugged in tightly. Also, if you have a dedicated graphics card, make sure it is plugged into that. Also, make sure your monitor is set to auto detect or manually set it to the correct type of input through the onboard monitor settings (usually changed with buttons on monitor)

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
What type of cable are you using? Just make sure all of the needed cables are plugged in tightly. Also, if you have a dedicated graphics card, make sure it is plugged into that. Also, make sure your monitor is set to auto detect or manually set it to the correct type of input through the onboard monitor settings (usually changed with buttons on monitor)

Solution