Question PC turns on but screen goes black for few minutes before booting

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
Hi,

I upgraded my Win 10 system to Win 11 over half a year ago, and ever since, I've been randomly having issues booting up.

Sometimes, when I turn my PC on, the computer itself starts, but my monitor remains black (not black as if it was turned off, but black if I was receiving a black image). This can take as long as 10 minutes to finally boot into the logscreen, and is mostly solved by literally smashing some keys on the keyboard. However, it seems to be a 50/50 change it'll actually boot, or get a Watchdog_Violation BSOD, then rinse and repeat until it boots.

Latelly this has been getting worse, now pretty much everytime I turn on the PC this happens. Does anyone have any idea about what the issue around this may be?

EDIT:
PSU: Corsair RM750x, brand new about 3 months old. (Before I had an EVGA SuperNova G2 850w, and the issue happened aswell, changed my PSU because I moved from my country and shipping was more expensive than a new psu).

I do some gaming, wouldn't say heavy but once in a while. Light video and photo editing, but CADD and BIM modelling on the heavier side.

SSD: WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe M.2 (1 year old) with 628GB free of 930GB.
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM (1 year old) with 418GB free of 1.81TB.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Win 11 version.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Check case connectors as well.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, kinked or pinched wires, missing or loose screws, browned or blackened areas, swollen components.

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
Sorry about the late response.

I updated my post with the information posted.

Also, I've done a thorough physical scan on my hardware and everything seems to be fine, it's been failing since I got Win11, I even did a rebuild (Shipped my PC parts to another country) and upgraded certain hardware (PSU and Case), and did a deep cleaning of the system before assembly.